Monday, November 30, 2009

The changes touch me!

Hey family!

Yep, that's right, me tocan los cambios (the changes touch me...that's the really weird Spanish way to say that I have changes tomorrow!). I'm almost completely packed up and I am headed to the Stake Center next to the Mexico City Temple tomorrow to find out who my new companion will be, and where I'm headed off to. I am ridiculously excited.

So my last week of my 4-month stay here in Atlicpac was pretty excellent. We ended with our highest numbers yet, and with 5 baptisms in this cycle (making 11 in my mission thusfar). I feel very content with the things Elder Pastrana, Elder Cab, and I were able to accomplish together here in Atlicpac.

We had two baptisms this past weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Saturday was so sweeeet, it was so great to be able to see David enter the waters of baptism after investigating the Church for so long (over a year and half, with one month in which he did not attend Church, and told Elder Pastrana and I that God told him that the Church isn't true). I feel like he's going to be a great leader in the future. Eduardo was baptized on Sunday--he's the brother of a less-active family that just barely started coming to Church again four weeks ago. Elder Cab and I were able to teach him, and he quickly accepted his baptismal date.

Truly, the Lord is fulfilling the promises that He made with the Lamanites in the Book of Mormon--and they are blossoming like a desert flower. I feel so blessed to be in the Promised Land, and to know that the field is especially white and ready to harvest here in Mexico. We don't worry ourselves with carrying seeds with us--just a good sickle. I love all of you and hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving, and are making all the necessary preparations in order to remember and commemorate the birth of our Saviour. For God so loves YOU, that He gave His only begotten Son.

We certainly do have reason to be grateful.


Elder Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment