Monday, November 23, 2009

Boliche!

Hello Family!

This week has been very very weighted! That's how we say busy in Spanish! I can't believe that this cycle is already winding down, and on Friday I'll be burning a Tie to commemorate my Sixth Month-aversary. Time really is flying by so fast! I can hardly believe it.

As I said, this week has been very very busy. A few highlights:

Multi-Zone Conference. Holy incredible! The Area President of Mexico, Elder Johnson came and taught us for nearly three hours on Friday, and it was absolutely incredible. We discussed the 4th Article of Faith, and I've never ever learned so much in so little time. I couldn't believe we were able to spend so much time learning about such a seemingly basic principle of the Gospel. Zone Conferences are always such a great Spirit Re-Charger for me. We are so lucky to be led by leaders who are led by our Heavenly Father through his Holy Spirit. 

Baptism! Elder Cab and I were able to have another baptism this past Saturday. Her name is Sandra, and she's the Ward Missionary Leader's daughter. She has met with missionaries off and on for the past year, and her parents thought it was impossible that she would want to be baptized. When we told them that we set up a baptism for her on Saturday, they were completely shocked and really didn't believe us. But her father was able to baptize her, and it was a really really great experience for all of us. She's such a great convert--always answers the questions in Principles of the Gospel. I love it! Love the work! If all goes well, we should have two more baptisms this week. 

Today was definitely a day to be remembered. At 9 this morning, we went as a Zone to go bowling (or Boliche...heh heh), and I went to a mall for the very first time in Mexico! Our area is way out in the boonies, and a lot of it doesn't have paved roads, and we only have one commercial store. So I was pretty pumped about seeing a real Wal Mart and a really big, really nice mall. Parts of Mexico remind me of Southern California, but a lot less green. So anyway, we went to Burger King and the mall while we waited for the bowling alley to open at 12. We waited until 12 30 and realized that it doesn't open on Mondays...bummer. But we had some good laughs and took some good pictures. So we headed back to the Metro Station to go to our areas, when some Policemen on the side of the road stopped the Combi (small VW Van--public transportation) we were in. He opened up the sliding door and asked us if the Driver of the Combi was driving safely, and if we had smelled anything weird. I was pretty confused, when he asked us all to get out of the van. And then, yep, you guessed it--"Spread your legs and put your arms above your head." He frisked all of us, searched our backpacks, and then sent us merrily along our way. That's one thing checked of my list of things to experience in Mexico--be frisked by a Mexican police officer. We went home, and now I'm here, writing this letter. I really do have an ever-increasing love of Mexico.

Welp, as that one pig says, that's all folks. I hope everyone has a great week, and reads the Book of Mormon every day! I can't tell you how much it helps.

Love, Elder Budge

PS. Mom, my companion's full name is Humberto Efrain Cab Garrido. He's from Merida, Yucatan, and he's absolutely crazy. I love him very dearly. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment