Monday, December 6, 2010

Great Week

Hey Family!!

How's it going?! I hope things are going well...because I didn't really hear from anyone today! Ha I guess I'm used to it. I always tell the members here that once you have a little bit of time in the mission, people just seem to forget that you're serving. But that's ok, because the work continues to move forward! We had an absolutely awesome blessing-filled week this week...I'll cover the highlights.

At the beginning of the week (Monday till Thursday) not much really happened...we had a bunch of appointments that all fell through and my companion and I wasted a lot of time going back and forth and back and forth between those appointments. No bueno. We found an awesome family of four on Tuesday that just disappeared the rest of the week...who knows where they are! But we just kept working and working and working, and really we were able to see the blessings of that hard work.

Thursday our investigator Irlanda had her baptismal interview, which, of course, she passed. We had an awesome baptismal service on Sunday for her, and her RM-friend-from-youth baptized her. When we got to the Chapel, the font was full of dirty water, so we had to empty it out. But it wasn't emptying fast enough for us to be able to re-fill it by the end of the third hour of the block...so we had to grab buckets and start emptying the font out like that! Some brothers helped us out and we were able to empty out the font, fill it back up (with clean water), and have a really nice baptismal service. Baptizing is definitely still my favorite part of the mission.

Last night we went with a member family and Irlanda to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was amazing. I especially loved the way President Eyring spoke of the Savior...you can tell that these men really are Special Witnesses of Him. I love seeing all the Christmas decorations and I can't believe that soon I will have my last Christmas in the mission...that's a weird thought.

Just so you know, I need to know when is best to call home, on the 24th or the 25th and at what time, to make sure all the fam is there. I can't do it in the morning on the 25th because we're going to have a Zone Activity in the morning that Day. I'm thinking the 25th in the afternoon, or at ANY time on the 24th. Figure it out with the plans you already have and I'll let you know where to call me.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Budge

PS I'm sending some photos...the baptism, my planner for this month, some pesos, me cleaning the baptismal font, and the ward missionary leader's daughters who wanted to pose and take pictures with us. They're hilarious.










No comments:

Post a Comment