Monday, December 14, 2009

The Temple, Soccer, and Pool. Good week.

Hey Fam!

How's it going? I'll pretend that I heard you all say "really well, Elder Budge!"--Oh that's good to hear. I'm glad to know that you're all doing well, and I hope you know how much the Lord is watching over each and every one of you--if you don't believe me, read DyC 101:1. It's a good one.

This week has been pretty awesome. Elder Cardenas had the privelege of visiting the House of the Lord last Tuesday--and can I tell you, it was so refreshing. It had been months since I'd been to the Temple last, and it was so amazing to participate in that hugely important part of the Lord's work in these last days. Like I said last week, GO TO THE TEMPLE! It was especially sweet because I got to see my companion from the MTC, Elder Walk, and we were able to talk a little bit in the Celestial Room. I also got to see my Dad, my Grandpa, and my Great-Grandpa, and we took a family picture. I'll send it when I find the time.

Grandma and Grandpa! I received your package on Tuesday as well! It's awesome, thank you so much! I have my stocking hanging above my bed in our apartment...and I've already opened all the presents inside haha. Mom and Dad weren't here to stop me. And yes, I read every scripture before opening them, and I got a really good lauch out of it. Very clever. Thanks again so much, I love you both like crazy. I'll be sending a letter as soon as I get my hands on some American Postage stamps. Mom, I still haven't received the package you said you sent me! Looks like I won't get it until January. Bummer.

This week was a pretty normal week; my companion and I are learning a lot about each other. We have a mountain of work to get done, and it always seems like there is never enough time to do it.

So there's not much more to report this week...although I must say I was rockin it pretty hard when we played Fast Soccer today...and yes, I scored a goal. I felt like a pretty big hot shot. After playing soccer we headed to the local pool hall and spent a couple hours playing some 8 and 9 ball. I love Preparation Days.

But not as much as I love you! Thank you for the emails, letters, all that good stuff. We'll see each other pretty soon.

Elder Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment