Monday, September 14, 2009

Nephi had to slay Laban...and we had to break into a chapel.

FAMily! Hey!

Thank you for your emails! Mandy and Eli, I´m glad you finally got your own place. I know what it´s like moving in with Mom and Dad again after...well, not living with Mom and Dad. Different worlds. On the one hand is the free food, and on the other...well it really isn´t important. I´m happy for you! I think Brady Crump´s brother and sister-in-law might be in your ward, they live right by there as well. There names are Dustin and Starlee Crump. Just by the by.

I´m glad things are going well for everyone that I´ve heard from. And I hope things are going well for the others. Things have been excellent, as usual, in la Misión México Este, the best mission on the face of the earth. We have definitely had an interesting week. Elder Pastrana and I went to the Doctor last Monday, and Elder Pastrana´s ear drum is fine! When we went a few weeks ago, the Doctor said there was a hole in his ear drum, but now it´s closed up! Which means no more need for surgery. Thank you for all your prayers; I know a surgery would have interfered greatly with the work we´re doing. He still has an infection, but he only has to take some medications and junk like that and all should be well.

So this past week we had our District Class with the other District of our Stake (in which are the Zone Leaders). We all went to a Chapel about 30 minutes away from ours by car, and when we arrived, the keys that the Zone Leaders didn´t work on the chapel doors. All the doors have locks with Finger Print Scanners, but the manual keys weren´t working. We found an open window on the second floor of the chapel, and an Elder in the other district lifted one of the members that was with us up into the window. It was so great, I have some sweet pictures of it. I can´t send them because the computer i´m using doesn´t have an SD card slot (bummer) but I´ll try to send them next week! 

Elder Pastrana and I did some Celestial Contacting this past week, and It has been awesome (I don´t have time to explain exactly what that is right now). We found some really solid people, we have been teaching a ton. We contacted a lady that told us she had lived in Utah for three years before just barely coming back to Mexico! We made an appointment for the next day with her, and we went and visited her. Elder Pastrana and I started teaching the Restoration, and we started to teach her about baptism. She got this huge grin on her face, and explained to us that she had already been baptized. We were like, ´but have you had the oppportunity to baptized in the way that Jesus Christ taught us?´ She said yes, in the LDS Church! haha. She told us she was too embarassed to tell us the day before, because she knew we didn´t know who she was because she´s been inactive for a good chunk of time. We invited her to come to the Chapel with us this coming Sunday, and she agreed. She´s a really awesome lady, very kind. She showed me a bunch of pictures from when she lived in Utah--pictures of Orem, Spanish Fork, and Salt Lake. It was so weird talking to someone who knew the area in which I used to live. She gave me a picture that she had taken of Bridal Veil Falls up in Provo Canyon. It´s sweet! It´s funny how things play out.

Welp, I don´t have much more to report. We´re still teaching the two young guys from the AA group who are really cool. We have a tentative baptismal date for the 27th of this month, as well as another investigator we have named Irais. We´ve also been teaching a really sweet mother and daughter, named Claudia and Angelica, who also have a baptismal date for the 27th. We´ve seen incredible improvement in this Area, and plan on seeing this desert flower blossom even more. Man, I´m poetic.

I love you all and I hope you are doing the greatest things ever!

Love, Elder Bood-hey (that´s how some people pronounce my name--i´ve embraced the fact that no one will ever be able to pronounce my name).

No comments:

Post a Comment