Monday, July 12, 2010

This is life Eternal.

Hello family!
I'm sorry to hear about Uncle Larry's passing away this past week. I've been able to meet a lot of people here that have experienced many deaths in their families, and it always helps to remember the blessings and promises of Eternal Life that come after this life. Every time I teach the Plan of Salvation I feel its truthfulness; especially as the Spirit testifies in others and I get to see their faces light up. Usually it's the first time that they've received real, edifying answers about the purpose of this lfie and the reality of the next. I love the truth.
My companinon and I had a pretty normal week. We did a lot of proselyting, were given lots of fake addresses, and were rained on like crazy all week. I love the qualifier weeks. It just means that the Lord has more and more blessings waiting for us just around the corner.
There's really not much news on my end...we had a special interview for Nayeli last week; we were in the Visitor's Center of the temple for a goooood amount of time and didn't get home till around 8 o clock so we weren't able to get much done. President Parra (the second counselor of the Mission Presidency) let us know that we need to wait another two weeks to be able to baptize her while she arranges some things. So I'll keep you posted on that. She is very very anxiously waiting to be baptized. Bro. Sanchez didn't go to Church on Sunday for his confirmation because he went to visit family to remember the Anniversary of his mother's death, so we have his confirmation planned for this coming Sunday.
I think one of the most important lessons I've learned these past few weeks is that wickedness never was happiness. I had said the phrase several times before, but after visiting with a few less-active members and some other people I've really been able to engrave that phrase on my heart. After meeting so many people who, though unknowlingly, live in such a manner, it's really had a great impact on me. I have met dozens upon dozens of less-active members that say "well...I have my house, I have my family, I have a good job, and I don't even go to Church. What's the problem?" God's love for us doesn't change according to our Church attendance or how well we keep the commandments. Nevertheless, the greatest blessings of all are reserved for those who strive to keep the commandments diligently. I'm always reminded that temporal happiness or pleasure--the kind that we may experience as we disregard and disobey the commandments--is not the goal we should have in mind. And, a good house, good job, and a healthy family do not give us free entrance into the Celestial Kingdom. The goal is to have Eternal Families--and we can only get there through obedience to ALL the commandments that our Heavenly Father has given us.
Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you.
Love you all.
Elder Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment