Monday, August 31, 2009

Hey!

Hello everyone!

This week has been awesome and crazy. I might have to keep this letter short because we're heading to the City to go to the doctor. I'll try to be brief...but chances are I'll end up writing a lot. haha.

So this week has been sweet for a number of reasons. On Wednesday, I had exchanges with my District Leader, and we had a really really good time. He came over into my area, and my trainer went over to my DL's area. It was kind of like my 'test' or something like that. It went really really well--I didn't get us lost once! At the very very least I was grateful for that. We worked together really well and I got some sweet tips for how to work more effectively. He falls really well with me.

On Thursday, Elder Pastrana and I had to go to the Immigration Offices in Mexico City so I could sign some forms and leave some fingerprints and whathaveyou. It was cool because my roommates from the MTC had to go as well at the same time, so I got to see them. The only one who didn't go was my companion from the MTC, Elder Walk, because he had Zone Conference that day. Bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing him. But, life goes on, and so does the work. And did it ever.

We had been teaching an investigator named Daniela for the past week or so, and things had been going alright with her. She didn't really seem enthusiastic about it, and had a hard time answering some of the questions we would ask in our lessons. BUT, this past week we taught her twice, and she committed to being baptized. SWEET! So I baptized her yesterday, and she is doing just awesome. She goes to Seminary, and the Firesides on Sundays and all that good stuff. It was a really special experience for me, because she is the first person I've baptized that I've personally taught. I am really grateful that the Lord is allowing us to see such amazing miracles in our area. This is His work! We only need to be ready and willing to be His instruments in it. So yeah, that was awesome. It was funny becuase when we told her she could decide who would baptize her, she told us that I give her fear because I'm so serious all the time hahaha. She flipped a coin to decide, and it landed on the side of my Companion, but then she grabbed it and flipped it over so it would be on my side haha. I told her that I was going to have a really grumpy face in our picture when we baptized her. I guess I'm serious most of the time because we didn't really learn 'joking' spanish in the MTC. I'm working on it. I figure the least I can do is make some funny faces. 

Well, I don't have much to report; we're still getting a lot of new investigators, which is part of the miracles we've been seeing lately. Also, it's been raining like MAD lately. Saturday night we came home soaked to the bone--it was a good time. And by the by, our water boiler doesn't work, so we have to heat up water in buckets to bathe in the morning haha. Good times. Oh, and if you want to see where I spent my morning today, google Centro Historico in Mexico City--it's a ridiculously gorgeous part of Mexico City (in the South Mission) that looks a lot like Versailles to me. We went really early this morning with Elders Puch and Israelsen in the Subway; it was a blast. There's a huge temporary Dinosaur Museum in the middle of the plaza right now which was really really cool. Anywho. Lex, you would have loved it--there was a SWEEEET, huge Cathedral that was just beautiful inside.

Love you, hope you're doing great. Email me!

Elder Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment