Monday, March 8, 2010

One ROUGH week.

Hello Family!

I hope everyone is doing super bien and enjoying the many trials and stresses of our daily lives! I know I am. Haha.

As implied by the subject of this email, this week was super rough for Elder Escobar and I. We started out the week really well--we had people to teach, lessons, we were finding new people to teach, and everything else. Last sunday in the afternoon, we found a really cool family of 5 people who were really interested in what we had to say--actually it was a really cool experience. We were knocking a street, contacting people and all of that, when I saw that out of the next door we were about to knock, left four people in a VW Bug, so I walked by the door and figured that no one else was home. But, my companion stopped to knock the door, and an older lady answered the door. We introduced ourselves and asked if we could come in to share a short message, and she said yes. So we came in, and a few minutes later, the people that left in the car came back and told us that they decided to come back and hear what we had to say as well. We taught a really good lesson, and we were invited to return a few days later. So we did.

We returned the Tuesday afterward, and they stood us up. We passed by in the night again, and they told us to come back the next day to teach. So we did, they were there, and we taught about the Plan of Salvation, and a couple days later about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They told us that everything was fine for Sunday and that they were going to come to Church with us. So we had them, Veronica, Karen, Cesar, and two more new investigators (Mariana and Azucena) all ready to go to Church with us on Sunday. We went to the Chapel really early in the morning to do Splits with some members so we could pick all of them up, and one by one we found that they either weren't home, went to visit family, or simply did not want to go to church anymore. So we came to church with NONE of our investigators, including the investigators that have their baptismal date for this coming Sunday, which now has to be moved back until the next week. It was really frustrating for my companion and I, but now we can figure out what we've been doing wrong and what we can change this week in order to be more successful.

On the upside, I've made it yet another without dying (that's for you, Dad!), and I now have a total of 20 years of learning here in mortality. We went to eat with Sister Alicia Duran on Friday, and she had a sweet cake ready for me after we had our Comida. My companion pushed my face into the cake, and it was pretty delicious. I'll send photos!

That's about all I have to report on this week. Que tengan una buena semana!

Elder Budge

PS I'm sending another picture to show you how much weight I am losing!




No comments:

Post a Comment