Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh how lovely was the morning!

Hi!

I'm feeling pretty good today family and friends. I had a dream last night that I was hanging out with John and Jordan Crespo and Jordan and I were speaking spanish so John felt pretty left out. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Last week I had the awesome privelege of receiving a good chunk of mail from the good ol' US of A. I got a package sent from the Primary (AWESOME) with a big poster and a picture of the Primary. I'm a fan! And I received mail from Sister Savage (thank you) and letters from Grandma and Grandpa and Ally and Emily, postmarked in November! I did enjoy feeling like it was Christmas again for a minute or two. Haha. Thanks a ton for the support!

This week has been a typical week--tons of work! We've been knocking probably hundreds of doors, and we're trying to figure out the best way to get the members to help us out to find new people to teach and to help re-activate less active families. It's a good time and a half! I can't believe how fast the days are flying by. The time I have here in the mission is so short.

Sunday was a day that I will not soon forget. Elder Escobar and I went to pass by for some investigators to bring them to Church, and when we got there, the Fierro Family was there, seated on the front row, ready to be confirmed. It was very reverent, as there was none of the usual noise and music from outside the Chapel, someone had decorated the pulpit with flowers, and all that could be heard was the chirping of birds (sounds lame but it's true!). It was fast and testimony meeting, which everyone knows can get a little risky with new investigators (because most of the time the members think that it's "Fast and Share a twenty minute story about something that happened to you this week" meeting). But it was especially reverent, and a very doctrinally-sound Tesimony meeting. I absolutely loved it. I can feel that this ward is really ready to begin blossoming the way that the Lord wants it to blossom.

My companion and I traveled a good distance to get to our nearest WalMart so we could get some pictures developed for our recent converts...but it was closed! Again! We were pretty bummed. Actually, today we've experienced a lot of adversity just trying to get things done here.

I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!

Elder Jacob Aaron Budge Montoya

No comments:

Post a Comment